I have avid nostalgia for places - their feel, taste, and look - based on what major code project I was hacking on while there. Maybe it is the warm Texas night air and the pretty fairy lights, maybe it is the DeLorean floating above it all, but for whatever reason when I work on certain projects I can not help but recall the place and time. Here is a short list:
- PyNE - Spiderhouse - Austin, TX
- Bright - Thunderbird (both locations) - Austin, TX
- Cyclus - Mother Fools - Madison, WI
- PyTables - Intelligentsia (Millenium Park) - Chicago, IL
- XDress - Wormhole - Chicago, IL
All of these are in the Central time zone. I guess I know where I am most productive.