I am now really in Chicago and dear me. If I were to live my life by one saying it is, “Easily distracted by awesomeness.”
The problem is that there is so much awesomeness going on right now that I can’t keep up.
- I finally moved into the co-op. My mind seems to explode with every conversation. It is exhausting.
- I get to meet all sorts of cool people at work in the High Energy Density Physics community. I am not sure I can keep up.
- I get to talk about scientific computing to everyone I meet. Bootcamps here I come. Dammit, more work.
- I am writing my first grant proposal to DOE. My brain has fractured.
- Something secret I can’t talk about that will take a lot of focus.
- I am reading “The Nibelungenlied.” As a connoisseur of epic poetry, I am thoroughly impressed by this translation. I have been writing couplets because of it.
Not to say that everything in life is going perfectly, but all of this has left me in a catatonic state of saturation.