This was originally published at inSCIght.
For episode 26, a group of Hacker Within alums visited PyCon 2012 in Santa Clara, CA. We discuss some of the very exciting developments in the world of scientific computing in Python, including such projects as Pandas, NumPy, PyTables and the incredibly well received new IPython web notebook.
Today’s old hats include:
- Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
- Matt McCormick
- Nico Preston
- Anthony Scopatz (moderator)
- Matt Terry
Please checkout the video links in the show notes. I can neither confirm nor deny my presence at the Testing BoF….
Intro/Outro Music: ‘Frontier Psychiatrist’ - The Avalanches
- Pandas (http://pyvideo.org/video/696/pandas-powerful-data-analysis-tools-for-python)
- Travis Oliphant’s Numba Lightning Talk (http://pyvideo.org/video/657/saturday-morning-lightning-talks)
- Python and HDF5 (http://pyvideo.org/video/670/python-and-hdf5-fast-storage-for-large-data)
- IPython (http://pyvideo.org/video/640/ipython-python-at-your-fingertips)
- NumFOCUS (http://numfocus.org/)