DISCLAIMER: Because I have been sort of busy recently, I now have a backlog of three (3) posts that need to be made. Expect them to appear in quick succession.
Every weekend just seems to get a bit crazier. This one was certainly more action packed than last weekend. This is saying a lot since it has been historically difficult to top Meenon’s parties.
Here goes a summary of my amazing time!
- I got up to Three Rivers (3R) on friday night at about 7 pm. Went out for dinner and by the time got back Carly and Andrew 3 had arrived.
- We waited around for hours and Andrew 1, Caitlin, Garret and Shannon finally showed up at 3 am!
- The next morning I wake up at 10 and everyone else at about noon. We mobilize and get to the park.
- Road construction in Sequoia has been blessfully ceased, so the ride up was easy. Listened to The Protomen on the drive up to Giant Forest.
- Did the Bear Hill trail from the museum over to Moro Rock. Then we went on the Sugar Pine trail from Moro Rock to Crescent Meadow. I had never done the second one. That’s Amazing! Endearing, really.
- Drove down the mountain. A couple of hours later Shanon and Caitlin and I went out to pick up some pizza.
- Tada! Josh and Rachel showed up! Totally unexpected to me. It was SOOO(O)^\infty good to see them again. I am very glad they could make it. (unfortunate that Mowi was feeling sick though).
- After dinner, the LARP started. I played Caith, and it was AMAZING. I built Caith as a non-com, so the suckage that occurred in D&D was inversely proportional to the rockage in an RP dinner party setting.
- In game and out, a good number of us got drunk on Absinthe. Eventually, *someone* ::winkwink:: started doing straight shots and I was obliged to follow. My description of the rest of the evening will have to be left to your imaginations.
- Recovering and detoxifying, people lazily got up and packed the next morning.
- Rachel and Josh left.
- The rest of us then went to Reimers (locally made candy and ice cream shop). Then everyone left for home.
- I only made it to Visalia. I was supposed to go to Sean’s that day but it was already like 6 pm, so I decided to call. He didn’t answer.
- Ate and went back to 3R for the night.
- The next day I call couldn’t get a hold of Sean, so I resign myself to going back to the Beautiful, Yet Dumb, Santa Ynez Vally.
- Within 5 minutes of being home, Christen calls. Within an hour, Sean does.
So in summary I had a great time. It was wonderful to be able to hike around and RP with people I like & love. In fact, everyone that went I ended up feeling like I love and respect more than before. And everyone who didn’t go, I already love & respect ~_~.
Thus Sincerely, Fuck You 21st Birthday Party!~!